Our Preschool curriculum, Funshine Express, is based on this philosophy, which is backed by current research findings and grounded in a century’s worth of work by researchers such as Maslow, Vygotsky, Piaget, and Erickson.
Our curriculum also challenges children to operate as much as they can with minimal assistance. With support and encouragement, children can very often perform more than we thought they could. Such an atmosphere helps children learn independence and feel confident and in control.
Funshine Express curriculum
- Emphasizes We choose only the activities that are appropriate for the children and supervision is a requirement.
- Provides consistency and a predictable routine, which is comforting to children. Children are relaxed and ready to learn when they can anticipate what is happening next. As children move through developmental milestones, they will need to practice skills at which they are successful. The variety of skill levels will vary greatly with any group of children, even those that are all the same chronological age.
- Includes activities and materials that build a learning community in the program. When materials can be used in a variety of ways, more children benefit. Activities that allow for multi-ages and multi-skill levels will include more children. Older, or children with advanced skills will be models for younger children or those who have not yet attained the skill. Activities in this curriculum encourage children to work together, share and be successful at their skill level.
- Encourages participation in two and three-dimensional art, music, dramatic play, and creative movement. We provide the activities and many of the materials to expand learning and experiences around a theme or topic.
- Promotes multi-sensory experiences. Many opportunities are included in our activities that allow children to learn through touch, smell, taste, vision, and hearing. We know that children learn most when information is provided through all the senses.
- Invites exploration and discovery. Activities and resources include open-ended questions to promote thinking and problem-solving. Teachers who model curiosity and wonder will help children reach new levels of development and deeper understanding of concepts.
Our Program Goals
- The curriculum is based on current research and sound educational theories of early childhood learning and development.
- Activities promote strong relationships between children and the adults who care for them.
- We provide a wide range of hands-on, interactive materials allowing children to experiment and explore and make choices while interacting with their surroundings.
- Our program encourages the involvement of family members and naturally incorporate cultural diversity into each child’s learning.
- All activities are aligned with the Early Learning and Development Continuum.
OUR KINDERGARTEN CURRICULUM
Our Kindergarten curriculum for English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics is based on AERO (American Education Reaches Out) standards
The core subjects of English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social studies are supplemented with specialty instruction in Art, Music, and Physical Education. Information and Communication Technology is integrated with learning across the subjects.